This ring route bridging the gap between past and present is a pleasant combination of a walk up-river along a nature trail and a river descent aboard a large raft. The Anello delle Zattere® trail follows some sections of the old paths of the zattieri raftsmen, used in the past for floating timber downstream from the high plateaus of Veneto to the city ports of Padua and Venice. The combination of riverbank and water activity gives incredible views of the Brenta Valley in a complete, rewarding visit.
- Departure with guide from Grotte di Oliero Nature Park®
- Footpath along the riverbank for almost two kilometres, connecting Oliero with Valstagna, the main centre of the Brenta Valley. There are rest areas and educational panels along the route illustrating the valley’s historic and natural features.
- Arrival in the village and guided tour at the Ethnographic Museum of the Canal di Brenta to discover the fascinating, adventurous history of the Brenta Valley with its “masiere” terraces, tobacco cultivation, smuggling and the river, the main feature of valley life.
- Large raft descent along the Brenta river down a section of the river once used by raftsmen to transport timber from the Asiago plateau down to the Republic of Venice
- Disembark near the Oliero tourist complex
This excursion, for large groups only, is suitable for people of any age and ability and is completely safe. You will be accompanied by Ivan Team nature and environment guides on land, and by Italian Rafting Federation guides on the raft trip.
Elevation gain: none
Suitable for: everyone
Duration: 3 h
Recommended period: March-October. To help us organise, booking is required for a scheduled date and time for your activity.
Clothing: we recommend sportswear and a change of shoes and trousers.
- nature and environmental guide for the route on land and the museum visit, and a licensed Italian Rafting Federation guide on the raft trip.
- provision of all technical equipment (helmet, life jacket, paddle) conforming to the latest EC regulations, required for raft descent
- entrance ticket for the Ethnographic Museum of the Canal di Brenta
- access to toilets, green spaces along the river and the rafting centre’s picnic areas
For bookings and information on prices and opening times, call Ivan Team on +39 0424 558250, send an email to email@example.com or complete the form below